How to become a member
Membership of the NAEE is open to interested persons from the Academia, Corporate Sector, Scientific fields and Governments. According to the IAEE Bylaws, to which NAEE subscribes, any person interested in economics of energy and willing to pursue the objectives and abide by the policies of the Association is eligible for membership.
The Association has the following categories of Membership:
To register as a new member, kindly visit https://naee.org.ng/portal/signup. The system will automatically generate a membership ID for you. Alternatively can download the form via Membership Form (Regular) or Membership Form (Student) or Fill it online here (but membership ID will be assign Manually).
Registered Members can login to their account via https://naee.org.ng/portal/signin and make payment for membership renewal.
This membership classification provides the opportunity for a company or organization to support the activities of NAEE and at the same time benefit from a variety of products/ services as well as recognition.
There are two types of NAEE Institutional Membership; Corporate Institutional Membership and Academic Institutional Membership. The dues rate is the same, N300,000 per year, yet the benefits package is different.
Some of the benefits that come with NAEE Institutional Membership include:
- Designation of individuals to receive all NAEE publications and services
- Complimentary registration slots at either the IAEE International or NAEE/IAEE Annual Conference
- 50% off exhibition table space at the NAEE Conference
- Non-NAEE members affiliated with the Institutional Member company/organization may attend NAEE Conferences at member rates
- Complimentary placement of organization's promotional material on publications tables at the NAEE Conference
- One complimentary full page ad in the NAEE Energy Forum, The Energy Journal and Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy per year
- Institutional Membership recognition in the Association’s Membership Directory
NAEE Institutional membership is a special classification for companies, organizations, universities or research institutions that support NAEE and participate regularly in our conferences as well as further the mission of the organization. Dues for Institutional membership are N300,000 (NAIRA) per year.
There are two types of NAEE Institutional Membership; Corporate Institutional Membership and Academic Institutional Membership. The dues rate is the same, yet the benefits package is different. Click on the above links to see the benefits package for each type of Institutional Membership.
Each type of Institutional Membership is designed to provide more products and services than the actual cost of membership fees. It is the Institutional Member’s responsibility to avail themselves of the offered benefits annually to maximize their return on this special membership.
When you become an NAEE Corporate Institutional or Academic Institutional member, you designate a representative from your organization to receive NAEE publications (NAEE Energy Forum (newsletter), Membership Directory and subscriptions to The Energy Journal & Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy). As an extra benefit under each Institutional membership program, non-NAEE members within your organization may register for any NAEE sponsored conference at the NAEE member registration rate. Institutional Membership carries with it a number of complimentary registrations per year to our conferences, the opportunity to advertise in our publications free of charge and numerous recognition benefits. Below please find a listing of our current NAEE Institutional Members.
It is very easy to sign up as an NAEE Institutional Member. Please visit one of the below forms to complete your application and/or print out an application form and submit by email/post.
Printed application forms can be mailed/emailed to:
Centre for Petroleum Energy Economics and Law,
University of Ibadan,
No. 7, Parry Road,
Phone: +234 8077102407
NAEE Liaison Office
4th floor, Right Wing, Abia House,
Plot 979, 1st Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
Central Business District, Abuja.
Current Institutional Members
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN)
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA)
- Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC)
- Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
- Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC)
- Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC)
- Teno Energy Resources Ltd.
- Centre for Petroleum Energy Economics and Law (CPEEL)
- Emerald Energy Institute (EEI)
- International Institute for Petroleum, Energy Law and Policy (IIPELP)
Membership Fee: N300,000 Annually.
Kindly contact us if need be.
Registration and Payment Option (Regular)
Manual Processing: You can , fill it appropriately, Make your payment to the association account, then SCAN the completed form and payment teller to or to
Your form will be processed and you will be assigned a membership ID and login details.
3. Bank Name: FCMB.
Account Name: Nigerian Association for Energy Economics
Account number: 1392531025
Online Processing: As a regular member, you can make payment online as ordinary member then proceed to fill the membership form online.
Note your payment reference code may be required from you to complete the online form.
Individuals may join the Association directly. Direct or regular membership is N20,000 per year and it includes subscriptions to The Energy Journal, Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy and the NAEE Energy Forum plus all of the Benefits of Membership.
Individual direct or regular Full Membership gives you full registration access to NAEE portal.
The Association will bill direct members annually for renewal dues. Direct memberships run twelve months from the date of receipt of a new member’s dues.
As a regular member, you can make payment online as ordinary member then proceed to fill the membership form online
Registration and Payment Option (students)
Student memberships are N10,000 per year. Students may apply as direct members or through a local affiliate. To join as a Student member of NAEE please read the student definition below.
In particular, note that post-docs and part-time students would not normally qualify as students for NAEE purposes.
Ordinary Students Membership: NAEE only - N10,000 . Click here to pay as a student member.
Only NAEE student members, according to the definition above, may apply for student scholarships to NAEE or IAEE conferences and participate in NAEE conference events that are designated for student participation. The requirement must be met at the time of initial submission of research to the conference in question.
Thus, a member who is a full-time student at the time of initial submission of research for presentation at a NAEE Conference will be eligible to participate in events designated for students even if that person’s status changes such that he/she is employed full-time at the time of the conference in question.
1. Manual Processing: You are required to download the student membership form, fill it appropriately, Make your payment to the association account then SCAN the completed form, written verification and payment teller to or to Your form will be processed and you will be assigned a student membership ID and login details.